Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happiness Habits


After exploring the many different ways in which one can find happiness, I have concluded that the search for happiness in life is quite important to us humans.  Many books sold on the subject and the wide array of articles and blogs on the web regarding happiness reflect this. I believe that the search for happiness will be different for everyone. For example, a person who is struggling financially may start their search by looking outward, while holding close the idea that money will make them happy. In contrast, a wealthy person who is feeling unhappy, may likely start their search looking inward in order to discover what lies deep inside themselves, longing to understand why money hasn’t changed their level of  happiness.   I have also learned that happiness takes practice, and we cannot expect to be happy all of the time. In this day and age, life is complicated and uncertain, so at times, it may seem that true happiness is far from our reach.  I have found through my research however, that if we begin to enjoy the simple things life offers us, and start to practice appreciation for those things, we could very well be on our way to more joy in our lives. I have also discovered through my research, that I am not convinced a specific place or area in the world provides more happiness than others. Our degree of happiness follows us wherever we go, it is deep in our essence.

During my research, I explored the idea of family being a crucial aspect to  happiness. I would like  to do more research on this notion. It is clear to me, that there are many dysfunctional families in todays modern society, and I want to believe, that happiness is in reach for the people who find themselves lacking in  the warmth and comfort a close family provides.  I also explored the idea of finding a purpose in life as a means to more happiness.  This idea resonates with me, as I believe that until we know why we are on this journey of life, we may feel that our life is just a moot point.   However, I have found that in searching for our life’s purpose, we can instill deep in ourselves, new habits, and more positive ways of thinking, which in turn will point us in the best direction while traveling the road toward happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment